ECEC Fuel Cell Research: Modeling of Solid Oxide Fuel Cells Using Fluent
Investigators: Chao-Yang Wang, Ugur Pasaogullari, and Sukkee Um
Solid Oxide Fuel Cells offers the potential for ultra-clean energy conversion levels and ultra-low emission levels, therefore, an attractive solution for stationary and portable power generation. In this project, a mathematical model is developed and implemented into the commercial CFD software Fluent to predict and optimize Solid Oxide Fuel Cells.
- To develop a comprehensive multi-physics multi-dimensional model for SOFCs for design and performance optimization.
- Develop a modeling framework of coupled hydrodynamics, multi-component transport, electrochemical kinetics and current distribution of SOFCs.
- Implement into Fluent for easier use.
- Developed a multi-dimensional, transient model for coupled hydrodynamics, multi-component transport, electrochemical kinetics and current distribution for SOFCs.
- Implemented into Fluent successfully.
Click the pictures below to see them full-size.